Youth Hostel Outreach Program Coordinator
Youth Hostel Outreach Program (YHOP)
.6FTE (21 HRS, 3 days a week), 5-month part time contract, Bargaining Unit Position/Program Coordinator. February- June 30/2021
Central Toronto Youth Services is an accredited, innovative Children’s Mental Health Centre providing a range of mental health services for youth and their families. This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the New Outlook, Youth Hostel Outreach Program. The successful candidate will directly address the complex and unique needs of young adults (16-24) with serious mental health challenges in youth hostels in Toronto by providing improved and co-ordinated access to treatment, accommodation and other services. The position also requires the development of successful working relationships with the designated hostels to ensure client needs are met while providing consultation and education regarding mental health challenges.
As employers we are committed to building intervention teams that reflect the diversity of our clients. Priority will be given to applicants that identify with and have experience supporting racialized communities, in particular Black and African Canadian Communities.
• To provide on-site, flexible, and advocacy services to transitional aged youth with serious mental health challenges in the hostel system. Currently services are virtual and in person with clients in outdoor settings.
• To work in close collaboration with hostel staff in identifying clients in significant need of services
• To increase client access to resources, such as housing, treatment services, crisis response services, substance abuse programs, etc.
• To provide ongoing support services to a small caseload and to provide brief service, as required
• To provide support, education, information, and consultation to hostel staff
• To identify and establish links with other support services and programs
• B.S.W, (or equivalent related degree/experience)
• Experience supporting racialized communities
• experience and familiarity with the issues of homelessness and youth
• experience with virtual care is an asset
• minimum 3 years related experience working with youth with serious mental health challenges and substance use issues
• extensive knowledge of resources for the transitional age population
• commitment to working from an Anti-Oppression and evidence informed practice
• an innovative and creative approach towards helping systems work collaboratively
• excellent assessment, formulation and case coordination skills
• demonstrated case management experience
• the ability to work independently
• flexibility in regards to the work schedule, including evenings
• French language skills are an asset
Salary: $58,314.10- $69,630.08
Start Date: ASAP
Position Reports to: Program Manager, New Outlook
Please submit your resume with a cover letter by February12, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Toronto Youth Services, 65 Wellesley St. East, Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1G7, Fax: 416-924-2930
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CTYS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection and hiring process. As employers we are committed to building organizations that reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from racialized, queer and trans people, and those with lived experiences with mental health challenges. These positions involve providing services at flexible hours that ensure accessibility for youth and families.